Non NHS Services

Private Work Fees

Medical examination for HGV and PSV licences, and for pre-employment are not paid for by the NHS. Some insurance forms such as the certificates for Elderly Drivers Insurance, appear deceptively simple but need a full medical examination for their completion. Examinations of this nature take time, and therefore a fee has to be charged. A special appointment will be required and the fee is payable by the patient at the time of the examination. Examinations for Life Insurance companies will also need a special appointment. The fee in this case is usually payable by the life insurance company concerned.

Form Signing

The number of forms that Doctors are being asked to sign are growing fast. Private Medical Insurance claims forms can be signed by your specialist. Certificates for school should be signed by a parent. Sickness Certificates for periods less than a week should usually be signed by the sick person themselves using a SC2 form.

A medical certificate is not normally required. Holiday Cancellation Insurance does not need a Doctor's letter, it needs an official claim form obtained from your insurers (the Doctor does not usually need to fill part of it in). If a doctor is asked to do any of the above, we will gladly comply but will charge a fee.