Ordering Repeat Prescriptions
- Online Ordering via the link at the top of this page (you need to register with reception to use this). Repeats can be ordered online when they are due to run out in the next 10 days. Or you can download our MyGP app or the NHS App.
- Calling in Person – We are open from 08:00 – 18:30. Just hand your computer counterfoil into the reception desk with the items required clearly marked.
- Post – enclose a stamped addressed envelope if you want your prescription posted back to you
Telephone requests are only accepted for the elderly and vulnerable.
Repeat prescriptions should be ordered 48 hours in advance from Monday – Friday. Please allow extra time for Bank Holidays as this is a very busy time.
- If you would like any of the local chemists to collect your prescription, please ask the reception desk if this is possible.
- Please check that all your medication is correct on collection so that any discrepancies can be resolved at that time.
You will be asked to see the doctor/nurse/clinical pharmacist from time to time for a review of your medication.
We like to keep a close eye on your medication and monitoring from time to time to make sure we are giving you what is best for your condition.
What to do with old medicines
Take it to the pharmacy you got it from or bring it in to the surgery.
Do not put it in your household bin or flush it down the toilet.
Find out more about prescription charges on nhs.uk.
Questions about your prescription
If you have questions about your medicine, your local pharmacists can answer these. They can also answer questions on medicines you can buy without a prescription.
Click here for information about local pharmacy opening times
The NHS website has information on how your medicine works, how and when to take it, possible side effects and answers to your common questions.
As qualified healthcare professionals, pharmacists can offer advice on minor illnesses such as:
- Sore throats
- Tummy trouble
- Aches and pains
They can also advise on medicine that you can buy without a prescription.
Many pharmacies are open until late and at weekends. You do not need an appointment.
Most pharmacies have a private consultation room where you can discuss issues with pharmacy staff without being overheard.